Förderverein Girassol e.V.*
Help us to give children and young people a more dignified future!
The Registered Support Association (Förderverein) Girassol e.V., founded in 1999, is an independent, private initiative which, in cooperation with the Sociedade Beneficiente Alemã - SBA in São Paulo/Brazil, is committed to helping children and young people from severely underprivileged backgrounds.
100% of the donations collected in Germany go to the social project SBA GIRASSOL Kids/Pro in a favela (slum area), in Grajaú, in the south of the 20 million city of São Paulo.
* Förderverein Girassol e.V. = Registered Support Association Girassol
The goals of the work on site are:
- GIRASSOL Kids:
- full-day care for needy three to six year olds.
- half-day care for children who have outgrown our daycare center
- GIRASSOL Pro:
- basic vocational qualification of disadvantaged young people
The goals of the support association are:
- to make SBA GIRASSOL Kids/Pro known in Germany
- to collect donations in order to maintain and further develop the GIRASSOL as social project
- to attract members who will act as ambassadors of GIRASSOL: Support for self-help needs a good network!
The Förderverein Girassol e.V. guarantees that 100% of the donations received will reach the institution in Brazil.
The Förderverein Girassol e.V. is recognized by the German tax authorities as a non-profit and charitable organization.
The work of GIRASSOL shows many people a way out of the hopelessness of poverty.
The GIRASSOL-offers are free of charge for the children and young adolescents.
With your donation you help to give children and young adolescents education and, as a result, a more dignified future. Every donated Euro means help for self-help!
We ask you to join and support us in what we do by becoming a donor or a member of the Förderverein Girassol e.V.!
Here you can find our flyer to print, distribute and forward.